Friday, May 1, 2015

Fibonacci

     Today we learned about Fibonacci! Fibonacci is a sequence of numbers in a certain pattern. 1+1=2, 1+2=3, 2+3=5, 3+5=8, 5+8=13, 8+13=21, 13+21= 34, and so on. I think that Fibonacci is pretty amazing, just because of the fact that you can find a Fibonacci pattern in nature! I never new to much about it, but I remember watching a video about it that someone shared with me a while ago.  One of my questions about this is why have we never learned about it in math class yet? One of my observations is that the Fibonacci pattern always makes a spiral! I feel like I know so much about it by only watching a few videos, like that it has a number sequence, that it appears every where in nature, it always forms a spiral, and that Leonardo Of Pisa, or Leonardo Fibonacci, was the person who discovered the whole Fibonacci sequence!    

No comments:

Post a Comment