Thursday, August 25, 2016

2016-2017 First Blog Post

Hey! This is my first blog for the 2016-2017 school year. Like every year, i'm going to set a few goals to hopefully accomplish by the end of the year. My academic goal is to do the best I can with the work i'm given. Get good grades, yes, but there's more to it. I want to be able to fully understand and enjoy each assignment. And, of course, learn everything i'm able to.  Next is my personal behavior goal. I'm going to try my best to have a new attitude towards school. Put simply, change my "I hate everything, this is boring, leave me alone, when does this class end" way of thinking to a more positive one. How i'm going to achieve this? Looking at the bright side of each class and project ( and try not get annoyed by annoying students i'm forced to work with....forget I said that ). Now for my improvement goal. There are a lot of things I want to improve on. My writing, for instance. I feel like my writing style is childish and sloppy. I also would like to improve my athletic abilities. Like my endurance. And I also want to include a personal goal. To make this blog feel more....well personal I guess, and less boring. Even though my personal goal isn't very original ( OK It's very original ), I want to expand my musical horizons. And I don't mean listen to different genres of music, I like what I like and I like it that way ( alternative-rock and post-grunge thank you very much ). I have about two main bands that I listen to daily, and I want to increase that number. And my other personal goal is to read more books than last year. Well, thats it. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a wonderful set of goals for this year. I love how you want to not just get good grades, but to UNDERSTAND every assignment. Sometimes we can fake our way through without really learning the material. I am very impressed with how you are mindfully starting with a different attitude. It takes guts to see our weaknesses and to want to do something about them. Have a great year! -Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete